07 Feb 2012
Response to announcement from OFT
Dixons Retail plc ("Dixons" or "the Company"), one of Europe's leading specialist electrical retailingand services companies, welcomes today's announcement from the Office of Fair Trading ("OFT") regarding extended warranties. The report from the OFT recognises the improvements in the market since the Competition Commission reported in 2003 and in particular that customers are getting better value for money with decreased prices and quality improvements in terms of service and level of cover. The OFT believes that the undertakings announced today will resolve any remaining competition concerns.
Dixons Retail supports any initiative that provides customers with greater choice and helps them understand the features, benefits and value of the services we are able to provide to them. Dixons has worked closely with the OFT throughout the course of its market study, and will continue to do so in the development of a price comparison website allowing consumers to compare the cost of these agreements and other similar products.
Our Customer Support Agreements are designed with customers' convenience in mind. Last year we relaunched our services under the KNOWHOW brand having made significant improvements to the services offered to customers, which include many features over and above a standard extended warranty. Further improvements to our customer service offer are continuously being made.
The proposals being recommended by the OFT will enable customers to make more informed choices about how they obtain help and support. Our KNOWHOW teams in store, online and on the phone look forward to helping customers make the most of the products they purchase.
For further information
|David Lloyd-Seed Group||Director of Communications, Dixons Retail||01727 205065|
|Mark Webb||Head of Media Relations, Dixons Retail||01727 205019|
|Tom Burns/Max McGahan||Brunswick||020 7404 5959|
Help and support and services from KNOWHOW is available from www.knowhow.com
Further information on Dixons Retail plc can be found at www.dixonsretail.com
Notes to editors
- Dixons' service brand KNOWHOW offers a range of Customer Support Agreements which are designed with customers' needs and convenience in mind, and include a number of features over and above a standard extended warranty.
- Customers have significant choice whether it be a standard or premium product, payment methods or third party providers.
- We also provide a number of other services that help customers get the most out of the products they buy from us and help them when things go wrong.
- Our state of the art repair facility in Newark is able to repair up to 1 million TVs and computers each year.
- Dixons' ever-improving customer service means that we can now repair a laptop or television within 7 days.
- The improvements made to Dixons' store proposition and customer service offer under the Company's Renewal & Transformation plan have driven consistent improvements in customer satisfaction scores in recent years.